New Innovation – What to look for from Groupe Stahl at SGIA
I had the opportunity to attend a 1/2 hour webinar yesterday put on by Dan Marx and Johnny Shell of SGIA…the webinar was a preview of what’s new at the show this year for garment decorators, or really what there is to see.
My pen was working constantly taking notes, some of the items mentioned were new organic and recycled apparel lines from Delta apparel, a new compression fabric from Vapor Apparel, 2 new direct to garment printers – including one from Kornit, a new press for all over screen printing from M&R and new advice zones on the show floor. There is sure to be tons of innovation on the floor at the Groupe Stahl booth it will be no different. This year we have jam packed innovation into the booth, let me share some of the things “to look for… Rest assured, most of these items will be published here on video from the show.
1. CAD-CUT® H2O – I’m sure you’ve heard of this by now, aren’t you subscribed to my blog? The product or should I say technique with Super Film allows for personalization like water based screen printing. With this effect you can achieve a variety of looks, even washed out prints with a single roll. We’ll be doing an in booth demo every day highlighting the “Next Generation of Heat Applied Film”. In this demo, CCH2O will be used to decorate a shirt and jeans – that’s right denim jeans:) You’ll want to see it in action.
2. The NEW Versacamm VS300 – this is the latest printer from Roland and it’s exclusive to Imprintables Warehouse in the US and to Stahls’ in Canada. I have one on order for my office:) I can’t wait to see the in booth presentation from Imprintables on everything you can do with the new printer. I’m most excited about the possibilities with Metallic ink printing for apparel. It’s unexplored territory, but very interesting. We’ll also have one on display in the DAPZ – digital apparel production zone on the show floor.
3. NEW Transfer Paper – it’s so new, I’m not even sure I can publish the name yet…however I’ve heard about this paper from Brian McLeod, General Manager of Stahls’ ID Direct and it seems to be phenomenal. I do know it’s for laser printers and poses some unique sales opportunities. We’ll be reporting on it and doing a video from the booth when I learn more…
4. Transfer Express’ New Offerings – I’ve read on the Transfer Express blog about new products for decorating such as metallic, pearl like transfers, oversized transfers and other things. The in booth presentation from Transfer Express is about new ways to letter team jerseys…we’ll capture this as well as what’s new from the leader in transfer manufacturing.
5. There are a lot more things to report on, but I have to leave some for surprises…let’s just say SGIA is an all out innovation extravaganza for Groupe Stahl. I can’t wait to show you all of the new and exciting things that will bring opportunities to your business in 2011.
More soon, be sure to check out this link for our full schedule of events at the show and to sign up to WIN an iPAD: Stahls’ at SGIA